This is a recent post from my World War One Aircraft collection! This is a beautiful S.P.A.D. XIII. Read more details below! Follow my collection! It grows larger everyday!

Originally shared by Pete Panozzo

This is the SPAD XIII flown by Arizona native Frank Luke, Jr., the first aviator awarded the Medal of Honor, the highest military decoration in the United States, in World War I. The plane has 80% of its original parts. The other 20% have been restored. It is one of five surviving today and is on display in Terminal 3 of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

Date 28 January 2015, 01:26 (UTC)
Source I (Tony the Marine (talk)) created this work entirely by myself.
Author Tony the Marine (talk)